NCAFFA-WMA will offer the following:
Seminars & Workshops
- Seminars/Workshops on access to small business and economic development resources — U.S. Small Business Administration; DC, Maryland and Virginia economic development agencies.
- Seminars/Workshops on specialty food product development and access to food product incubator kitchens and mass marketers.
- Seminar/Workshops on reaching new markets, using social media, blogging.
- Seminar/Workshops on crowd-sourcing and other funding options
- Seminars/Workshops: on fusion foods and other influences, cooking light and healthy options including vegetarian Caribbean.
- Caribbean Foodways – Caribbean Food Cookbook Authors.
- Caribbean Foodways – Rum – Tasting and Promotion.
- Caribbean Foodways – Non-Alcoholic Caribbean Drinks – Tasting and Promotion
- Caribbean Foodways – Introduction and Use of Caribbean Spices
- Caribbean Foodways – Black Cake – Competition, Tasting and Promotion.
- Caribbean Foodways – Pairing Beers with Caribbean Foods.
- Caribbean Foodways – Pairing Wines with Caribbean Foods..
Scholarship and Education
- Caribbean Cooks & Books – supporting authorship.
- Supporting Youth Entrepreneurship and culinary training.
Annual Cook-off, Exposition and Meetings
- Annual Exposition and Meeting with networking opportunities.
- Caribbean Food Competition Cook-offs – Best of the Washington Metropolitan Area (numerous food categories) with juried panel.